Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cougar Town


Seems like the "Friends Curse" of bad comedy TV shows made by former-Friends cast is finally over for Courtney Cox!


After "Dirt" was canceled Courtney Cox started working on a new sitcom on ABC. The show is about Jules (Courtney Cox) which is a divorced 40 years old woman with a teenage child, Travis. Bobby(Brain Holy), Travis's father and Jules's ex-husband used to be in a band and he went around in tours which did not go so well and caused the break-up between the two. Finally, Ellie (Christa Miller) and Lauri (Busy Phillips) are Jules's two best friends, they have a frie-enemy relationship between each other.

The show is about Jules's life as a single 40-years old mom and how she plays to attract young men and start enjoying life. The story might seem a bit silly and cliche, but I assure it's one of the best sitcoms I have ever watched.

It's nominated for the People's Choice Award for Favourite New TV Comedy Series. Additionally Courtney Fox is nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a TV Series or Musical or Comedy.

Also on the last episode aired (Episode 10) featured Lisa Kudrow (aka:Pheobe in Friends) as a guest-star. It was one of the most hilarious episodes, I hope she stays for a while !

The show it was upgraded for a full season of 24 episodes and picked up by ABC for a second season.

Normally I watch sitcoms to kill some time and laugh a bit. However, for the first time ever, I'm watching a sitcom the moment it airs and I cant wait for the next episodes! its THAT good ! I recommend everyone to watch it and give it a chance!





2 comments:

msha3erha said...

I have no idea why all the(students) around me are hooked up with TV shows related to women!!!

laish ya tara? :p

7amooood said...

I do not know why, maybe cause its so damn hilarious ! especially Laurie the blonde girl... Her blonde moments are priceless !